26. Learning to
Please remember to pray before
Yesterday we learned that Christians are called to be
representatives of God so the world can see
His love in action. God wants to reach people
through the lives of Christ's followers. Just as Jesus was sent to
reveal the Father to the world, so are Christians
to reveal Christ to those who don't know Him.
2 Corinthians 3:2, 3 Christians are letters from God to
Romans 8:32 God gave up His Son for us.
Romans 14:7 We have a powerful influence on each other.
Psalm 37:3 We can trust that God will reward
John 17:15 We aren't promised easy times, but God will
John 16:33 We can find cheer and hope in what Jesus has
done for us.
6:26 God promises to take care of our needs.
John 14:27 God gives true peace, so we dont need to
John 15:11 We find complete joy in Jesus.
Deuteronomy 33:25 God gives daily strength as we need
Matthew 16:26 Salvation is priceless, but this world
has no eternal value.
Psalm 100 Praise God
for His goodness.
- Can people learn what God is like by watching how I
behave, and how I treat others?
- Does the awareness that God has called me to represent Him cause me
to realize how much I need to stay close to Him, constantly receiving His
- When I complain and express negative thoughts, do I realize that
others may think that being a Christian makes one miserable and unhappy?
- Does my happiness depend on circumstances, or do I choose to focus
on good things, and let Gods joy fill my heart, even in difficult
- Do I choose to focus on Jesus, His love for me, and all the
promises He has given me, so that gratitude and praise sweetens the
sorrows of life?
- Do I take all my needs to Jesus and trust Him to provide the
solution to every problem, resting in His loving care and accepting the
- Do I reject the negative feelings Satan tries to give me, and
instead choose to praise God, so that my attitude is changed from
discouragement to joy?
- Do I experience the joy of Jesus in my heart, and does it show on
- Am I free from resentment, and have I forgiven all those who have
- Do I realize that worry, fear and stress come from a lack of trust,
and that I can safely trust my future to Jesus, and let go of these
negative feelings? Do I go to God for strength in difficult times?
- Have I learned to accept my circumstances, so that I have comfort
and hope in Him, rather than frustration and discontentment?
- Do I realize that God allows the trials that will help me grow, and
each difficulty will bring me closer to Jesus when I trust in Him?
- Do I believe that true happiness is found in obedience to His will?